About This Blog...

This blog is for my own personal weight loss, decluttering and a little bit of everything in between. I am in no way recommending any certain type of weight-loss program. So, please go to your doctor for health care issues.

(All photo's are © copyrighted by the author)

Please also take time to visit my other blogs:

A Craft Meme Blog: Craft it Wednesday (Can post any day of the week. Repeats each week.

Photo-a-Day/Different Memes and (in and around) My Town: Barb's Photo-a-Day





































100 Days / 30 min.'s a Day

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Portobella Mushrooms and Exercise

Food: I just tried eating a hamburger on two large portabella mushrooms used as the bun, and I must say it was delicious. (I got this photo and some of the nutrition facts from this site.. What's Cooking America

These large mushrooms are excellent as the bun because they have 0% fat and only about 26 calories. A large mushroom from what I read on the Internet but can vary from site to site, has about 2 to 3 grams of fiber and about only 3 grams of carbohydrates. They are high in protein. So if you are watching carbs or calories they are wonderful. They are also great for people with diabetes who need to watch carbs.

The way I cooked mine up was to clean out the gills on the inside, then I put some butter in a skillet, browned them on both sides, and then added some apple cider vinegar to carmilize them a bit. It tasted great. You can also cook them by baking or grilling them too. Of course the butter I used will add some fat but it's better than eating a high carb roll. Next time I may try grilling or some other way of cooking them.

Exercise: I haven't been blogging much in the last week or so but hope to get back to it again like I was doing. As far as exercise I've been averaging about 2 to 3 days a week in the past several weeks. I'm feeling much better after my gall bladder surgery and I'm also hoping next week to exercise with some of my exercise tapes along with more walking. Next week is also the week I'll be going to take the training for volunteer at a animal shelter. I'm hoping by walking and spending time with the dogs it will help me lose some of this weight and get my mind off of food.

Recap: Also, I guess I missed week 16 of my postings all together and it's now week 17 on my journey to weight loss and getting healthy. As you can see not much has really changed much in my weight or exercise habits, but I keep moving along and I keep trying to change it. I can't believe that almost 4 months has gone by already since I said I was commiting to a year to change my eating and exercise habits and I'm basically still at the same weight I was when I started. This is a wake up call to get it together for me. What I've been doing so far isn't working right, so I need to change it. I will get back to you on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to read your comments.