About This Blog...

This blog is for my own personal weight loss, decluttering and a little bit of everything in between. I am in no way recommending any certain type of weight-loss program. So, please go to your doctor for health care issues.

(All photo's are © copyrighted by the author)

Please also take time to visit my other blogs:

A Craft Meme Blog: Craft it Wednesday (Can post any day of the week. Repeats each week.

Photo-a-Day/Different Memes and (in and around) My Town: Barb's Photo-a-Day





































100 Days / 30 min.'s a Day

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Farmers Market = Fresh!

I went to the Farmers Market this morning in Bellefonte.

I love the new location. It's by the Gamble Mill and the parking is free. Most parking meters are set up to no longer take dimes and now are only taking quarters. Sometimes I don't have a quarter and need to worry about not having change with me to feed the meter. So, I just don't go in town to do things much. I feel they lose business by doing this. Maybe if parking was free all around people would go shopping. Who wants to come out to find a ticket on the windshield? I know I don't. Okay, Now that my rant is over back to the Farmer's Market.

While there I bought a zuchinni for .75 cents and four cucumbers for $1.00. How many grocery stores can you walk out of and pay only $1.75 for these? None that I know of.



And, You know what the best part is? They're fresh! You know it came out of someone's garden and you don't have to worry about how long it's been stored in someone's truck getting old or collecting germs from other products when there has been other foods in there.

Fresh! Fresh! Fresh! Love the local farmers selling their stuff. I can't wait for the watermelons to come.

I thought I'd also tell you it wasn't only about fruits and vegetables. I also picked up a few free recipes, they were selling a canning book, and you could even have a taste of some of the products. Just like going to Sam's club and getting a sample before you buy. Someone else was selling homemade soap, and you could even buy a T-shirt. And, it doesn't even stop there. I talked to one lady selling homemade pastas like ravoli and someone selling meats. I didn't order any yet, but I will I'm sure. I gotta tell my son about the bison meat, he loves it.

For you local's out there. It's set up on Saturday mornings from 10 am to 12 noon. Check it out. And, if you're not local, I'm sure you can find a Farmer's Market near you. It's fresher and cheaper.

1 comment:

  1. We have a farmer's market on Wednesdays and Saturdays and keep meaning to go but never seem to get around to it. I just need to put a note on my fridge and go next Saturday. Thanks for the reminder.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments.