About This Blog...

This blog is for my own personal weight loss, decluttering and a little bit of everything in between. I am in no way recommending any certain type of weight-loss program. So, please go to your doctor for health care issues.

(All photo's are © copyrighted by the author)

Please also take time to visit my other blogs:

A Craft Meme Blog: Craft it Wednesday (Can post any day of the week. Repeats each week.

Photo-a-Day/Different Memes and (in and around) My Town: Barb's Photo-a-Day





































100 Days / 30 min.'s a Day

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Finally Started Exercising! Week 1

Well, I finally started exercising after getting checked out by several doctors. I have to lower my cholesterol and triglycerides. Need to get the A1C down because of diabetes. As you get older you need to exercise more than ever or you just end up with a lot more problems.

I got those high sketchers a few weeks ago but never wore them. Do you know what I'm talking about? Do you have a pair? They're called, shape ups. Suppose to help with toning your legs and improve your posture. You're only suppose to wear them to walk in, not to run. Although, I have along time to go before I think about running anyway. Someday I hope to run in a 5K but it will be awhile. Got to get in shape first.

My husband and I walked two miles yesterday. Since yesterday was Saturday, I'm not going to count that as the start of my exercise. I'll start my exercise program from Sunday to Saturday. Two miles was tough for me. Boy! That's when you know you're out of shape is when you are huffing and puffing just on the tiny hills. I know it was a little much on the first day but when your outside walking you just want to keep going. We're going for the two miles again today. We'll see how it goes.

You're welcome to follow me on this blog on my weight loss and getting healthy journey. Today is a new day and I plan on getting rid of this excess weight once and for all. Okay I've committed on this blog, now I have to do it. Anyway, I'm hoping to lose anywhere between 60 to 70 lbs in a year. If that's the case then I will need to lose an average of close to 6 lbs a month. Is it doable? Well, we'll find out. That means by May 16th in 2011, I should be alot lighter. Too bad I'm not on the Biggest Loser, I could lose it in four months. Guess I'm on my own with this one.

Anyone else with me on this? Let's get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to read your comments.