About This Blog...

This blog is for my own personal weight loss, decluttering and a little bit of everything in between. I am in no way recommending any certain type of weight-loss program. So, please go to your doctor for health care issues.

(All photo's are © copyrighted by the author)

Please also take time to visit my other blogs:

A Craft Meme Blog: Craft it Wednesday (Can post any day of the week. Repeats each week.

Photo-a-Day/Different Memes and (in and around) My Town: Barb's Photo-a-Day





































100 Days / 30 min.'s a Day

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Snacks That Take Longer to Eat / Exercise

I bought some cherries the other day at the grocery store and they were the best one's I've had in awhile. I like the darker cherries. Sit down and have a bowl of cherries for a great snack. You can eat these slowly because you have to worry about the pit. This will keep you away from other snacking and they have more nutrition value than junk food. Cherries have vitamins A, vitamins C and potassium. Some sites say that the darker the cherry the richer it is in antioxidants.

I found this nutrition label on cherries on the Internet...(I believe this is for sweet cherries).

A few tips on how to pick cherries at the grocery store...
1. Pick cherries with the stem still on them and they should be able to store in your fridge for up to 10 days.
2. Also avoid cherries with dark colored stems.
3. Cherries should be firm to the touch but not hard.

This snack not as nutritious as cherries but will last alot longer is the good ole Tootsie Roll Pop. If you're on Weight Watchers, they are only 1 pt. and they take along time to eat.


It's nice to have these on hand in the evening when you want something but aren't hungry or just don't want to blow your whole day when you did so well keeping on track. Add a cup of tea with either the cherries or the tootsie pop and it could last you enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Exercise: Just a quick note on my exercise. I did walk yesterday but only a quarter of a mile, .4 to be exact. I didn't walk longer because it started raining pretty good here. It's been just a little over 2 weeks now since I've had my surgery and now I want to start walking more. I'm gonna try to get back into a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to read your comments.